Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So what happened to you?





I disappeared there for a while. Sorry about that. But what I have I been doing?

Well the pictures above are two things I did. The bottom picture is of the baby's Big Girl Quilt. We were going to move her into a Big Girl Bed (didn't go so well) so I figured it was time for her to have a big girl quilt.


The center design is an OM in Sanskrit, which is the sound of creation, the sound that came forth in the beginning. It's also the sound and syllable for meditation and peace. I made a few of those OMs by painting them on to fabric using calligraphy ink. The baby liked it so I made sure to incorporate one.


Around the OM is a poem that my mother inked onto fabric. It's the poem Listen to the Mustn'ts by Shel Silverstein.




listen to the mustn'ts child


listen to the don'ts


listen the never haves, the impossibles the wont's


listen to all of them,


then listen close to me


anything can happen child


anything can be.


I thought what more beautiful blessing for a child to have wrapped around them. So I incorporated it. My mother had done an inked version of it for a friend of mine and I asked her to do it again because I didn't like the way it looked - aren't I terrible? so she did, and I kept the original ones, knowing I'd use it somewhere....I used it here.

So I made the baby's Big Girl Quilt. Then while I was at it, I made my best friend Melanie a quilt for her birthday. That is the top quilt. It's all old jeans. Mel;anie loves it. And she got it just in time for a cold snap.

Then the computers died. Yes plural. two computers went. My laptop frizzled out zapped out. And then the desk top died. So I was sans computer for a little while. That was another reason the blogs have been absent.

Now the projects at hand: ripping and tearing off the wall paper from the hallway. I didn't know there were 8 layers of wall paper before I could get to the wall. And the wall was painted with a hdieous sea foam green paint, that they stirred sand into. ugh.

Then along with that, my husband is building a grill outside. He built the baby a play house.

I have taken up running again, for my sanity and health.

And still writing...

so I lost track of time and days. Apologies again for disappearing.




No comments:

Post a Comment