Friday, April 23, 2010

Poem of the day - Lake Isle of Innisfree


The Lake Isle of Innisfree
- by W. B Yeats




I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree


And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;


Nine bean rows will I have there, and a hive for the honey bee,


And live alone in the bee-loud glade.




And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,


Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;


There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,


And evening full of the linnet's wings.




I will arise and go now, for always night and day


I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;


While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements gray,


I hear it in the deep heart's core.













No comments:

Post a Comment